21 August 2019

from jar to tank

Moved the pregnant female guppy in here today. I was starting to feel bad about keeping her in the shrimp jar. I wanted to treat her more gently than the others, which I had just dropped into the tank. I floated her in a baggie to acclimate gradually adding some tank water- but Laddie foiled the plan. Still ignoring the three guppies swimming around, he lunged to bite at this one trapped behind plastic. I chased Laddie away with aquascaping tweezers, but he kept circling back around. So I released the guppy, she immediately joined the others up top among the sweet potato roots, and Laddie promptly ignored her. My youngest is eagerly peering in the tank several times a day now, hoping to see the guppy give birth.

There's only four shrimp in the jar now. The one turned orange also quit moving around, not even when I dropped food in. This time I gave it to the angelfish. Who darted after it but I didn't see her eat it. I don't know if the shrimp is still crawling around in there hiding somewhere.

Ruby isn't eating well. I dropped in a few micropellets for him last night, looked in later and saw them gone, thought he'd eaten. Found them later floating around the tank growing fuzzy, had to remove it. I don't know if he's going to get better. It's the last day of kanaplex treatment and I see no improvement.

No comments: