13 July 2019

one-fish tank

My window tank looks beautiful now, without the dividing wall.
I get comments on it when people visit- admiring all the plant life. Small crypts in one corner keep loosing leaves that go pale, a few elodea stems have died off, and salvinia minima has lots of browning, dying leaves- probably because of recent changes. Mermaid weed is growing slowly- the leaves just have serrated edges, not the pretty fine toothy look as when it arrived. Oh well.
Most of the other plants are doing well- I even cut and replanted a few stems- and Laddie the paradise fish is lively and spry as ever. I still miss Perry, though. It's not the same without him. I saw a young, blue paradise fish at LFS yesterday and wished to bring him home- but didn't, because I bet Laddie would just beat him up.

Laddie owns the tank now-
from the crypt end
to the clay arch- and seems very pleased about it

No comments: