23 April 2019

today was hot

so I moved all the young plants out of the plastic coldhouse and into shade on the deck table
Outside temp was just above eighty, inside the coldhouse was 120°. I was hoping it could get hot enough in there to sterilize the potting soil my tomatoes used last year- I saved it all but not sure if they had a disease so hoped to kill whatever pathogen might have been. However (according to info online- reliable? not sure-) it has to get up to 160° for that.
Some of my cosmos are as tall as the coldframe sides now
A lot of them are budding
A few mairgolds have opened already
the amaratto basil sure is pretty
Zinnias are getting too big for their little folded pots
Tomatoes shot up overnight it seems- I'm ready to plant them
This one chervil still in a small pot, was sheltered longer than those I put in the planter box, and looks better- more upright and sprightly
Chives are budding! and near to filling their pot completely.

No comments: