24 April 2019

moved into earth

This morning I transplanted more echinacea into the triangle spot between my yard/driveway edge and the neighbors, removing the last of the grass there. I didn't make a completely straight line, hm. The plants look really sad and the neighbor's lawn service has already run over my autumn sedums there once, I hope they are more careful in future. Maybe I will need to put in some edging. At the end of the echinacea row (which I didn't photograph as the new ones look very sad- though dozen I put in earlier are doing well) I planted three of the hyssop.
After looking up more about this plant's growing habit I decided to try it on either end of the front yard. It just might come back as a perennial, or self-seed. This one is on the further side of the front yard-
in front of euonymus and yellow salvia. So very small hardly noticable yet, so I really hope it doesn't get stepped on.
I also planted out the little cranesbill-
and in this case put a ring of stones around it, so kids will notice it and not step there
overhead photo from the porch- that's the parent plant on right, cranesbill scion on the left
one lovage got planted out today also-
in the empty place where I took out sweet peas this spring
I have more to do- it was too hot in the middle of day to continue so this was a break- will post update later.

No comments: