31 March 2019

early garden view

Here's most of it. Lettuces in the back left corner, peas against the wall. Beets and leeks in the bed by the stump. Rue has a new spot- a heap of soil in the front corner. It's like a dirt throne, ha.
I'm going to put short walls of the new brick around it- in about a week (after painting).
Its got lots of lovely new growth
Here's the bed it came out of- I didn't move the two overwintered leeks and second-year parsley, but took out the rest of the perennial herbs. Now on the right carrots are planted, left side turnips.
Next bed has (left to right) collards, arugula, leaf beet chard and kale
Perennial herbs moved into this small bed in the front. Green bunching onions, lemon balm, sage, lavender.
maybe I replanted the onions too close together
Lemon balm looks great already
Sage is a sad, dried thing.
I'm giving it a chance though, because found a bit of green at its base. If these die, I'll transplant in the few from the yard area.
Lavender was getting ignored and stepped on. In the garden proper might be too rich and damp for it- but I won't water this end, and see how it does. Can always move it out again later if need be.
That's pretty much it so far. Tomatoes and cukes will go in pots on the deck, more greens will go in the long new bed alongside green beans, I'm thinking of putting zucchini in a ground-level heap next to the hydrangea...
Back view, from under the deck- that's the new bed that will have (hopefully) green beans. Near left corner that's darker is where I sowed a few chard.

No comments: