20 November 2018

Lady's condition- update

I was unable to get a close look with the loop- Lady would just not hold still close enough to the glass. Maybe I could trap her in a box... but I did shine a better light on it. Not sure what to think, still.
Since yesterday, the things on her skin look fewer and smaller (ignore what looks like spots on her side under dorsal fin- that's on the glass) -could be a bad thing if that means cysts burst and parasite is shedding into the water- and looks like the bumps on Lady's face are protruding from under the edges of scales. I just don't know what this is.
also appears her scale edges are lifting?
and her gills look swollen when I compare to Perry.
She is still eager to eat and appears unchanged in behavior. Whereas Perry, although he looks absolutely fine-
- except that the small lump reappeared near edge of his mouth- has lately been often sitting still just under surface or on the bottom of the tank somewhere. I thought he was just less active because it's colder (tank temp today 67°) but when I compare his activity level to Lady it seems suspicious. He's younger, too. She's probably three or four years old, maybe five...
I saw Perry flash against a plant, just once today- I don't know if he just had a normal itch or if he's catching whatever this is now, too. Keeping a close eye on the tank, sigh.

No comments: