22 September 2018

in my blah tank

the one that's just housing the tetras- I've made no attempt to scape it, am not dosing ferts, never put a light on it.... the echinodorus is languishing but the crypts are all growing out new leaves- and they all lean obviously towards the window.
I still enjoy how the light glows pale through the needles of hornwort, although the rotala leaves in here look scraggly- but some are growing out slightly nicer tops
hygro whatever plant, it all melted to pieces very quickly. All I have left are a few pairs of leaves from the very tip of each stem, that didn't quite disintegrate. I'm allowing them to drift around the tank- wonder if they will sprout root hairs or more leaves and be plantable.
Water wisteria hasn't changed much
nor has the ludwigia palustris
Here's some of the crypt wendtii bronze in the background- it leans more seriously than the other plants, and its leaves look the healthiest I've ever seen it. Seems to prefer the leaner tank. I wonder if I was pushing things just a bit too hard for a low tech setup, in that prior 38.
Tetras all look good now. They've calmed down a lot. I don't see nearly as many bitten fins, the dorsals are all growing back, their colors are great. I'm surprised my oldest one, Spark, is still around- that fish must be four years old now, maybe five.

No comments: