11 February 2018

overhead shots

I tried some, the other day. Instead of hanging things to block flanking windows from reflecting in the tank (a big pain) I took the photos on an overcast day. Using the same lamps on either side as before, and stood on a tall stool. It was easier, not covering the windows, but the pictures didn't come out as well, too dark.

The best result was from my tenner:
Plant growth looks a lot fuller than I'd realized, seen from a different angle on my window tank!
Frustrated with how it turned out on the main tank, 38gal. Draped half the hornwort stems out of the way. Took a photo of each side and patched it together (you can see the center brace isn't lined up and the heater shows twice). I couldn't get enough light over it, so a lot of the plants are indiscernible. Oh well.
Will make another attempt on a sunny day, later on...

No comments: