18 February 2017

spring....

In late fall I planted some bulbs in the front, that were a gift. A few are starting to show up. Daffodils are growing in the neighbor's yards and I expect to see forsythia blooming soon.

I don't know why I haven't felt very motivated to start the garden this year, dragging my feet on that. My coldhouse is only partly done getting refurbished- I need to redo the peaked roof, scrub it all, repaint and wrap in plastic. I did get a nicer, stronger doorframe rehung though. I haven't yet bought seed-starting mix or potting soil that I will need, haven't gone through my saved seed or ordered any new. I did want to try leeks this year (my kids like them better than onions in cooked dishes). I should have already sown tomatoes, broccoli in trays and lettuce in outside jugs a week or two ago...

No comments: