10 February 2015

so many mts

This stands for two things in the online fishkeeper's jargon: Multiple Tank Syndrome and Malaysian Trumpet Snail. I've got the latter.
In large enough numbers now that I had no qualms about giving two dozen away to a fellow aquarist last week. Two of the big original adults, and a bunch of medium-sized ones. Have seen the tiniest one yet- smaller than the head of a pin, I do believe this is a newborn!
This one is just a bit larger than an air bubble-
There are lots of the tiny snail babies in my 10gal now, although I haven't seen the adult in that tank for a while. Their lifespan is about a year, so I wouldn't be surprised if she's passed on. I've had them six months. But there's plenty little ones to grow up.  Even after plucking about 25 out of the main aquarium, I still see more than ten the next day, and that's a casual count (not looking hard, or around the back of the tank). I enjoy the challenge of getting photos of them- most times my camera refuses to focus on something so small!

No comments: