30 April 2015

spider plants

I've pinned down two babies that are hanging off the momma plant, into small pots with soil. When they've rooted, will cut the stem and free them.
There's two.
On top of my smaller aquarium, the older spider plant offspring has grown a lot. I don't know if it is extra happy due to the warmth and humidity from the aquarium, or would be just as healthy sited elsewhere.
It's got a new shoot too, for its own first scion. I'm going to move this one into a slightly larger pot soon, hopefully rigged up to be a hanging plant (I like them best that way).

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Some people put baby spiders in the filter on an aquarium. It keeps the water a little cleaner, and the room a little greener. (I have a wandering jew cutting in one of my filters)

Jeane said...

How long do they last, like that? I know my arrowhead can grow just in water, but spider plants like to dry out in between don't they? I've seen the thick water-storing roots.

Jeane said...

I love the wandering jet plant. I had one from a cutting a high school teacher gave me, but haven't seen that plant since those years

Jeane said...

Stupid auto correct changed the name of the plant (see above comment)