15 June 2013

veggies?

Well, my little attempt at growing vegetables on the balcony is mostly a failure. The Potato plant is scrawny, the Carrots stunted (not enough sun) and my Green Beans, while producing, don't quite look healthy. I've sprayed neem oil against aphids and other critters, but think the plants also need more room; I've got them quite crowded out here.
So am tossing a few. The Garlics are ready to harvest and the Borage is looking sickly so I'm going to upend those soon. I never got to eat any Lettuce; the spring was so warm it bolted before the leaves were any good size.
I do have some decent Swiss Chard almost ready to eat, and most of the herbs are still going strong. Green Onions and Broccoli continue to do well; Chives are flowering (crummy picture)!
I need to be more selective next year and grow less plants, for better health.

No comments: