19 June 2013

bye

A few more of my plants have gone out the door, this time to a neighbor. Elderly woman across the hall who recently gave me some flower pots. She spied me in the hall the other day and said "are you the lady with all the plants?" I smiled and said yes (I like that identity!) and she asked if I have any extra plants could she have a few? she loves plants but doesn't have any now (from moving, I suppose). So I picked out these to give away:
A miniature Rose (I have one remaining for myself, blooming nicely now), a nice Spider Plant (I still have the three huge parents and two pots of offspring), an SIP planted with the speckled Pothos, a mini Geranium cutting (the parent plant is so huge I'm thinking of cutting more soon) and a pot of Palms. She was thrilled. The rose and spider plant sit on her balcony now and my mood lifts every time I walk up to the building and see the rose that was mine but now is hers, nodding through the railings.

1 comment:

MOM said...

That's really nice you could share with her. She was brave to ask. I'll bet she would enjoy an occasional visit from your girls. Neighborly friendship is a good thing.