23 April 2012

another SIP

I've been moving more and more of my houseplants into SIPs as I come across the right containers for them. After doing so many I realize I don't like using the bottles that have square corners, or the small water bottles that crush easily. So I'm choosy about what I pick up now, but I've become quite the scavenger, ha! The other day I brought home a soda bottle found on a walk, and after a hearty scrub in hot soapy water, it only took ten minutes to make the new container and put this young Spider Plant
in.
The other spider plant I hung in an SIP is looking so much healthier than any of the others now, I wanted to move more. This one doesn't have the hourglass shape so I can't hang it unless I make more holes in the plastic; for now it's just on a windowsill.

No comments: