03 February 2012

more seed

Started more seed yesterday. I planted in various trays: more cilantro, pink cosmos mix, oregano, basil, chives, cherry tomatoes, beefsteak tomatoes and brandywine tomatoes, bell peppers, ancho peppers, a hot pepper mix, summer savory, sweet marjoram, marigolds and tithonia.
I was curious to see that the pink Cosmos seed looked smaller, shorter than my orange cosmos seed. They don't have the long 'tails' I'm used to seeing.
The top of my fridge (near a heat vent) is quite crowded now, but I hope the peas sprout in a few days, and then there will be a bit more space.
What's left to plant? Okra and wheat grass (for the kitties). The ones that do better direct-down outside: carrots, beets, swiss chard, borage (supposedly). All the heat-loving plants that grow quickly: beans, cucumber, cantaloupe, zucchini, pumpkin. I think that will be it!

3 comments:

chrisa511 said...

The wheat grass will grow FAST! And it's actually a really pretty grass I think. It's just like regular old grass, you can cut it down and it'll keep coming up again. You really can't kill it!!! I was going to start drinking wheat grass juice as I heard it had many health benefits but just never got around to it. BTW, I got that from Mountainroseherbs.com which is a really cool website ;)

Jeane said...

I've heard of people drinking that green juice but I can't imagine it tastes good.

chrisa511 said...

Me either...I think that's why I never got around to it :p