20 September 2011

settled

I've got a spot for the Peppers and Basil indoors, now. They're situated in front of the kitchen window, with the Basil pots on the floor and Peppers behind them on a makeshift shelf.
The biggest pepper was awfully droopy from shock when I first brought it in, but I misted the leaves with water and it perked right up. If they don't get enough light here, I might have to put them in the mudroom for the winter, with carpet pieces against the wall behind them to muffle the draft. Of course, they probably will have to get moved anyway once the baby starts crawling. I don't want her digging her little hands in the soil or putting leaves in her mouth! None of the other plants in my house are situated on the floor, so I hadn't thought about this problem yet...

2 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Awesome!! They all look fantastic! Are you going to try to keep them alive all winter? That would be great!

Jeane said...

Yes! Hopefully I'll get more peppers if I can put a mature plant out in spring instead of starting over with seedlings.