27 September 2010

peasie weasies

I finally got the last of my fall garden started, and planted some peas yesterday. Here they are after a night's soaking.
I was anxious to get them into the ground because we suddenly went from hot high-nineties into a week of nice cool rain which is fantastic for starting seeds, I don't have to worry about watering them every day! Basically I planted peas in all the empty garden spots: where the zucchinis used to be, where the watermelons were, and the prior cucumber patch. Some of them I planted around a tomato cage in case they're inclined to climb; the others just went in rows into the ground. The package says they're bush plants not vines but I've never seen a pea plant that didn't flop over without something to cling to.

Now all I have left to do (besides lots of cleanup) is put my started lettuce, broccoli and cauliflower out of the coldframe and into the ground.

No comments: