30 June 2010

eatings!

The Pea plants are starting to look awful, dried up and shabby. I picked another bunch today, though, so keeping them on a bit longer.
Still not enough ever for cooking, just for fresh snacks. I always make the mistake of picking some that aren't quite ready yet.
Picked the first good bunch of Green Beans today!
All the newer ones I planted in the cauliflower space are coming up.
Last time we ate Chard I saved the stems
and found a recipe them. It's pretty simple. First you clean and cut the stems, then boil lightly in salted water for five minutes
then arrange in a baking dish, spray w/olive oil, sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan and bake at 400 for 20 min. It turned out yummy! My husb was impressed. He said "I didn't know chard could be so versatile."
Ate another bunch of Beets yesterday too, but I've taken enough pics of those. The plot is almost done, only about a dozen left, and then I'll be replanting it for fall beets.

No comments: