05 October 2022

shrimp jars!

Attempting to revive my élan for the tanks. Starting small: rescaped both shrimp jars. One on the left was quite hazy. I scraped algae off the glass and did two water changes after the rescape. Finally now it looks clearer. 
The one on the right I simplified, now it's just mermaid weed and parrot's feather in the center, with buces around the edge.
Trimmed the parrot's feather to multiply the stems- all short temporarily
Jar on the left, I kept most of the plants and tried to make a nicer arrangement. Removed some of the anubias, added baby java ferns (which immediately started growing! so maybe finally I found a place java ferns will be happy. They always die in winter in my window tank, and the leaves stayed small, then died off over and over, in my angel tank). From above:
The bowl still has two small anubias-
one on each side
There's two buces flanking the rock/wood the java ferns are on-
and corkscrew vals opposite side of that.
I'm a bit surprised the twisty vals are not only still here, but appear to be doing just fine! Also surprised that I kind of like them in here (never cared for them in the bigger aquariums).
Both jars also got a new addition- a few pieces of amazon frogbit, from somebody who bought anubias from me. Balance has changed in the jars- all my larger duckweed died off. Only some small duckweed left. Trying frogbit again-
Still have two shrimps in each jar!

No comments: