22 August 2021

the big sideyard

I have to differentiate the two. The first sunny sideyard, which is narrower, I think of it as the smaller one. And the second sunny sideyard, which was in shade before we had those huge maples cut down, is wider and more open, so I think of it as the bigger one. I spent half a day out there, pulling crabgrass and the worst of the weeds. Left some things alone, like the wild violets
Found a few bugleweed (ajuga) that survived the tree-cutting
Yanked out a bunch of wild rose that was all tangled behind the beautyberry (those thorny stems had grown a lot thicker with more sun) and now it looks so nice! Anticipating the purple berries
Lungwort also impressed me how much it grew!
Ostrich ferns are doing way better now, too.
And the sensitive ferns seem to be reviving from the heat, and the bugs-
there's new fiddleheads under there
My shady 'purple corner' looks promising- I need more persian shield!
I like how the wandering jew has done, need more of that also!
Spiderwort is blooming again- floating above the green

No comments: