25 August 2021

a few garden things

My lovely scented geranium looks recovered now, and is even blooming.
Kale was cut back down to the ground (because I ate it) and new leaves look better, just a few bug holes (I caught the caterpillars)
Zucchini is a grand thicket, but some of the fruits are rotting again before I can pick them. Turn yellow and shrivel, don't grow out nice. My sister says they do this if fail to get pollinated.
I am still not fond of marigolds, but I do appreciate their job- the scent seems to keep away the deer and rabbits (who have eaten all my hostas again). I wonder if I could plant a low wall of marigolds around the hotas. But there's not enough sun. Or at least in a spot that would deter the deer from entering the yard? Hm.
Made a new recipe (from a borrowed library book): lemon bars with thyme in the crust.
I thought it was delicious! 

No comments: