30 June 2021

tomatoes and more-

First pick of cherry tomatoes- just a few- and I ate some straight off the vine before taking this photo.
Big ones are forming fruit now, too- 
and they've all filled the bed splendidly
Zucchini have wowed me. I gave them (and the beets) a compost feed a few days ago, plus several gallons of aquarium wastewater, and they got huge fast. Having the tree gone that used to shade part of the garden helped a lot too, I'm sure.
Opposite end of that bed, the lovage is well over five feet now!
Green beans are filling in around the leaf beet chard- front bed- and behind them is the bed of collards. I pulled the three tatsoi gone to seed a few days ago, some of the pods were ready- drying and beginning to split open.
My green beans to fill in gaps. Going to plant them tomorrow when there's rain due.

No comments: