28 June 2021

paradise fish!

I'm excited to finally have a new paradise fish.
He's so little- here getting acclimated to the QT- 
but already has great colors. 
He's inquisitive, was nipping at things, pulling at the hornwort and moss strands in his tank, ate a bit of daphnia last night and made quick work of some flake this morning. Seems to have settled in very easily.

I just wish I could feel happier about his arrival. My thrill over having a new paradise fish- and I didn't realize how much I'd missed Perry and Laddie until I felt so happy seeing this little guy in the QT tank- is rather dampened by my anxiety over the angels' health in the 55.

The two female guppies that were holding QT cycled, have moved into the tenner with all the others. So now there's two male, and four female guppies in there. Plus a dozen more fry were born two days ago. I think it's overcrowded but the fry will soon be gone, and I'm hoping at some point to re-home the adults, make it a betta tank again . . . 

No comments: