15 June 2021

a year and a half!

That's how long my last three african violet leaf cuttings have been in paper cups under glass. And now the second 'Lavender Magic' is actually growing a new leaf.
So tiny! 
I was about to throw the final few away, but now hanging onto them a bit long, as long as they're not rotting, why not let them continue their chances.

There's only one left of the plain purple or pink color, bought from a big box store (maybe the grocery store, can't remember now) years ago. That has been failing lately, and when I started pulling dying leaves off, crown broke off the roots. I looked up in my African Violet book what to do, shrugged, and did it. Cut out the rotted bits, put the remainder of crown in a paper cup with soil, put it under the glass with the last two leaf cuttings. We'll see if it recovers.

No comments: