19 May 2021

tomatoes and what

Scratching my head over this plant again.
It's the one I've previously thought was a weed, or a wild type of reverted coleus? but it's growing in a row right where I swear I planted the strawberry spinach. One of these was out of the row, and I moved it into place. Did five just happen to grow in the same space? or what. When I look at pics of strawberry spinach leaves, they're much toothier on the margin. Well, I think I'll let them grow out this time, and finally maybe resolve my confusion on their identity.  
Set out my tomatoes a few days ago. These pics before I placed pole supports, and dug the holes.
The seed is not yet mature on those tokyo bekana in the rear. I calculated in my head- if I planted the usual ten or twelve chinese cabbage per year, I'd only use two of those seed pods. Each of those plants has probably over fifty of them. So well more than I need! I pulled the third plant and tossed it. Tied these two up by the trellis to get them out of the way (they had flopped across the ground).

No comments: