30 April 2021

I planted some stuff

perennials from the swap, mostly. In various edges of the yard, the yarrow, artemesia, spiderwort, strawberry begonia, blanket flower (with red/orange coleus moved next to it), ostrich ferns, and creeping jenny- divided into bits to make a little row of it. Some were looking very sad and I don't know if they'll make it- it rains tonight so I hope that helps. I was in too much of a hurry to take pictures, before a thunderstorm passed over. I did take clippings of the creeping jenny and put in a jar of tank water, see if they convert and root can plant some in the aquariums.
Also momentarily brought my fig trees in the house to repot- slightly larger- they barely gained an inch or two all round. These are the largest pots I have. Might be time to buy some nice very large planters for them.

2 comments:

Ellie said...

My fig tree got ahead of itself and has suffered a bit of frost damage. It seems to be recovering now but doesn't look as green as yours. I bit the bullet and planted out the annuals last week. It's been unusually cold and very dry, so now I am wishing for rain.

Jeane said...

I hope yours all do fine! I'm going to be very eager for mother's day- because after that I can start planting out the tomatoes and all the rest. My figs actually start to set fruit during their hardening-off period early spring, and then drop them after I start leaving them out overnights. They'll set again, though, so I think it does them no lasting harm.