28 April 2021

and on the deck

Lowest temp was just above 60° last night, so my tomatoes spent their first overnight in the coldframe.
Some of them are starting to look better- and even flower already
My older set of marigolds are flowering 
and one nasturtium, although its leaves are small and few
I cut down the tops of citrus geranium, and replanted in its same pot
Have decided that, even though I like folding paper pots for seedlings (mainly because it's two forms of recycling- reusing brown paper packing and brown paper bags as pots, then tearing them up to compost in the bin after the plants are grown out), I am going to ease up on that and hoard more small nursery pots (or even buy a ton of them) instead. Because the plants just do better in more spacious, plastic pots. The smaller herbs seem to do okay in folded paper pots- but I'm guessing because they dry out quicker and crowd the roots more, a lot of my plants don't. Like the tithonias. In nursery pots:
In paper pots- sad:

No comments: