25 March 2021

green life

New green on both clematis- the one that flowers pink
and the purple:
New plants! I bought a few from a fellow gardener who was dividing clumps- some old-fashioned chrysanthemums, which I put by the tree that's no longer there. Realized when I was done it's right where one of my hostas grows. (I didn't run into the hosta with the trowel). No matter- these hostas will have to be moved anyway once they show above ground.
and this groundcover called sweet woodruff. Looked at photos and I wonder if it's related to the sweet alyssum. She said to plant just lay pieces on the ground where you want it and toss good soil over, it will root. That sounds suspiciously easy to me- as in it could be an aggressive spreader. Looked more up- seems like it can become invasive in a sunny area, growing in shade tends to stay put. Which is where I've placed it.
I found a bit of the lady's mantle peeking out of the mulch- tiny leaves no bigger than the ball of my thumb. And I thought it was dead! Also nearby a few seedlings I think (hopefully) are from the stinkin' hellebore.
Last of all- in the house- a few new trays of seedlings sprouted. Tithonia
and cardinal climber looks like they're all coming up.

No comments: