01 January 2021

teardown

I finally took down this tank, a few days after the last of my black skirt tetras went to new home. It was supposed to be a temorary setup, but then I had it running for just over a year. As a growout tank for guppy fry, quarantine for new white clouds, breeding tank for the minnows, and then a holding tank when I decided could no longer keep the tetras. I was tempted to keep it running so I have a comfortable, stable place to put my angelfish when finally I have a tank moving day- from the 45 into newer 55- but I still don't have a serviceable stand for that, so it will probably be many more months.

I did move items over from the 20H into the 45, dropped into the background: two tiny sponge filters and one extra sponge and a mesh bag with some ceramic media. Idea being that when it's time for tank swap, I can set the angel up in the 20H w/those things from her home tank and the smaller heater on it, so she's got some beneficial bacteria alive at her side undisturbed while I'm arranging the new setup.

I dumped the hornwort in a bucket, if nobody wants it (posted on a local listing) I'll compost it in a few days.
Snails got divvied up between all the other tanks and the gallon+half jar- one nice blue ramshorn went into the tenner. Also put a few snails in each of three windowsill containers with the subwassertang:
Well, the biggest square one (that often temporarily held shrimps or fish) 
is on the table near the window
I know I've done this before, and it's doesn't last- but I'm just keeping the subwasser like this until sell or ROAK it
The smallest jar has the tiniest bits that I tediously picked out of the bottom of the tank with tweezers, as I don't want any of it going out with wastewater onto the garden since there's a stream downhill of me. 
Enough pictures of floating greenery yet? hey a new year needs that.

No comments: