20 January 2021

round and square

Sold my bunches of subwassertang, so now I just have this little square jar next to the gallon and a half vase- It has all the little bits.  
Think I will try again, collecting the subwasser bits that inevitably get sucked into the bucket when I do water changes, grow them out instead of composting. The little jar also has ceramic media rings (in reserve to use for pegging down hornwort stems in the 55 when the rubber bands holding them onto stones finally break)
and baby ramshorn snails (when they get big enough to easily pluck out with tweezers, I drop them into one of the other tanks). Let's see how long I keep the small jar going this time.
Also, news from the 33L! There are still at least two white cloud minnow fry alive after all. I saw them yesterday, and today, very distinctly- one just large enough to start showing the blue streak. Attempting to spot-feed the first bites fry food powder again. Just a tad, sprinkled over where the fry are swimming, three or four times a day. Hard to see and find them among the hornwort, so no pics yet.

No comments: