10 December 2020

greenhouse fix

It was warm today- nearly sixty! I spent some time out on the deck repairing my greenhouse. Some of the plastic sheeting had ripped in the wind. Had a large panel of polycarbonate that just fit the door so I drilled holes and fastened that on. Then put smaller patches of thinner plastic panels from various things on either side of the door. It looks so clear! but you can tell by how many screws are showing, how patched-together it still is.
Sides and back are still just plastic sheeting, I'm fine with that for now.

2 comments:

Commonweeder said...

Jean - Generally speaking I like the Massachusetts weather, but seeing how you can use a little greenhouse through the winter makes me very jealous.

Jeane said...

Ah, well I have not yet used it through the winter actually. It gets utilized from late January through March or April, for my seedlings. Summer sometimes I use it to try sterilizing soil with the heat (not sure how well that works). Before it's always just had plastic sheeting walls so too cold in winter, but now I've put a polycarbonate panel on I'm thinking I'd try lettuces. Today it was barely sixty outside, and in the little greenhouse just over a hundred degrees! (the pots are in there for storage, to keep the squirrel from digging in them over winter and making a mess)