28 November 2020

some houseplant notes

Potted up one of my smaller african violets- from its small paper cup 
 into a regular pot
Took a cutting from the pothos in a sub-irrigated planter, added it to the pot with the one that came from the angelfish tank, and braided cord around the pot to hang it. Thicker on the line from the pole hook to where it divides to go around the pot, idea is maybe the vine will climb the braid and then I can train it to grow along the pole. Always wanted to have a pothos vine climbing around near the ceiling, never had it work before.
It's immediate neighbor is the tradescantia zebrina- I stuck all the rooted cuttings into the pot so it looks a lot fuller now-
and the new stems grew upright this much in just a week
Also removed two small bits of creeping charlie from a regular pot and added them to the hanging one
which got a new string as it was crooked before
It looks better now. Seems to prefer hanging. Stays a lot drier I've noticed.
Aglaonema has gotten leggy. I moved it to a different spot, guessing it needs more light.
Finally, my two parlor palms weren't doing so great again. I suspected spider mites and sprayed them twice for that over the past month. Older leaves have drying tips but the younger ones appear fresh green entirely, so I hope they're doing better. 

No comments: