28 October 2020

outside plants

My rhubarb is flourishing since its move. Hope it continues to do well.
One that's not so well is the inkberry. I cut out all the dead branches and it is very reduced. I recently moved all the remnants of my old wild cherry tree- short trunk sections that have been sitting on-end here and there convenient for me to place things on- away from the under-deck area and across the yard for shrubs. They're starting to decay (which is probably why I've see the wren so often flitting about below the deck and through the garden- I bet it's feeding on insects in the old wood). I put most of the wood pieces on the downhill side of shrubs. Idea is that as they continue to decay will feed my bushes, and being on the downhill side, when rain sweeps down the hill maybe it won't push as much mulch down against the fence, but some will get caught and stay in place under the shrubbery. Well, the inkberry got a full circle because it needs the most help.
I do like foliage so I hope it makes it
The bayberry nearby is doing much better.
Pannacle hydrangeas each got a log piece too
and the rhodies
Also the little hollies.
My arum is springing up again in the cooler weather- among zinnia 
Center of that yellowed hellebore definitely looks more normal green, so I hope this one recovers
Joe pye weed had big poufy blooms and I didn't want it reseeding all over the yard, so cut them off. It's so grown through the pokeweed now, hard to distinguish between the them. Soon will cut that back, too.

No comments: