26 September 2020

lavender cookies

The lavender is so pretty I wanted to make use of it. Had a nice long hot soak in a bath with a handful of sprigs scenting the water. And the other day made cookies. I love shortbread, but it's so fattening- I think I've only made it two or three times, less than once a year! So earlier this week I made lavender shortbread cookies, as a little something special on the day of equinox. For this I picked the most tender young leaves-
chopped fine-
mixed into the dough and chilled- I don't often do this kind of baking so slicing chilled dough felt fancy to me!
Ready to bake-
All done- wow, it was delicious. 
Tasted more like lemon cookies, though- the recipe I used called for lemon zest I substituted lemon juice and it was too much. I'd rather have have more of the flower flavor. Going to adjust next time.

No comments: