17 June 2020

white cloud fry

First thing this morning checked on the minnow fry in there. Half a thought maybe the parents ate some. Nope- there's more little specks darting around- I count at least a dozen, probably there's twenty or so. I shouldn't be so surprised, really- but I feel so giddy happy about this! I wanted more white clouds way more then I ever wanted extra guppies. Kept wondering when I'd feel comfortable enough to go buy some at the LFS, now I don't have to.

Glad now that I tested nitrates a few days ago when cleaning tanks- I skipped doing a water change on this 20H because it actually had below 5ppm. Phew- didn't unknowingly siphon out all the eggs/fry, and don't have to worry about doing a wc for a bit- if so, I can put the hose in the fry box that's still in there, so it pulls the water through the mesh and doesn't get the babies.

Going to spend wayyy too much time crouched down in front of that tank just staring delightedly at the tiny things.

No comments: