16 June 2020

it worked!!

The separation I did.

I fed all the fishes just now, and was thinking of moving the white clouds back into the 33 and tearing this 20H down- but sprinkled in some crushed betta flake and bent down to watch them eat. Thought I saw a speck of fly moving against the glass. Then realized it's in the tank. Then realized it was a tiny baby fish. Then saw there's lots more. I have white cloud fry!

Can't get a photo. They are so very small. The parents don't seem to be eating them- went after the food. I fed them well just to be sure. They get excited and gobble down the first bites alongside the fry. I did think the male was flitting his pectorals in a begging gesture over the subwassertang bed- but then had doubts because the one I assumed female is nearly as bright in colors as the other two, and still looks plenty plump. Maybe she's not done laying eggs. Only reason I kept holding out thinking this was a female was because I never saw her spar and display alongside the other two.

Well, now I can well re-populate the white clouds that died too soon in my 33L- and then some! I'm so very pleased! Of course, down the road it would be best to get a few more unrelated adults to mix in, as these three adults are probably siblings (just like my first guppies were), but I'll just enjoy what I have for now.

No comments: