10 June 2020

Laddie alert

I started feeding the fishes garlic, because suspect at least one white cloud and the paradise fish, and maybe one of the female guppies that's thinner, have parasites. Soaked betta pellets in garlic juice one day, crushed bits of shrimp pellets another, and am going to spot-feed the paradise fish flake dipped in garlic tomorrow. He's more alert!
For a long time again now has been listless, uninterested in food, and often makes a snapping sound while jerking his head, as if chewing, then darts to the surface to breathe. I wondered did he have something stuck in his throat? Then I saw white stringy poo. Siphoned it out of the tank the minute he finished going, and considered using meds again. He also had a hint of white patch behind one pectoral fin, and on his head. But after I fed garlic-soaked food that went away, and he started showing interest in things again, snatching at snails, looking at me through the glass, even cruising across the front of the tank and waggling his tail again. I'm going to keep up the garlic food and extra water changes for a while, before trying another round of medication. I ran out of levamisole so it would have to be prazipro or general cure right now.

A few pics of the plants- vals still looking nicer, I can't wait for one to reach surface height.
Crypt moehlmanii. It's all brighter lit because I took the backdrop off again. There's five grown female guppies and two fry in here, they spend a lot of time plucking algae off the rear glass and it's actually staying relatively clean.
Dwarf sword
Buce 'Selena'
Bolbitis thicket- I'm sure this is where the fry hid, to evade Laddie.
The largest one is out and about now, smaller one I only see seldom. Here's the fry facing forward, above anubias
and just left of center near the crypt leaf that's broadside
So small! I'm surprised I don't see Laddie going after them, but maybe he hasn't felt the energy. He's really into going for snails right now.

No comments: