20 May 2020

yellows are same

I didn't know this until I saw them blooming, but mizuna flowers
look a lot like tokyo bekana
Tatsoi is bolting now. I don't know why I thought these asian greens (new to me) would last longer into summer. Oh well. There's leaf beet chard to eat now, and plenty of collards.
The turnips make me happy just because they fill in so fast
My carrots are just big enough to get a picture now!
the clematis is still an amazing purple pillar
next to the garden
Pink clematis has all faded now, but the swirly gold tassels left behind are pretty too
Look how curly this pair!
My little lentils are growing and growing!
Of course, this could be too much effort for the end result (like the hickory nuts) but it's fun to try something new
I've already cut some summer savory and parsley to hang and dry-
Next will be this thyme because it's already flowering. I'll cut it back to encourage more bushy growth.
I'm very happy with the rue! Look how wonderfully it's filled in

No comments: