12 April 2020

the corner

So here's the corner between my front yard driveway and the neighbor's lawn. A spot I wanted to fill with plants so I don't have to mow it. I think I'm getting there.

I put that little wall in place so I don't get upset when their lawnmower person runs over my echinacea anymore. In fact, the day I put this line of edging bricks up, I heard him starting the machine and went over there to make sure my space wasn't getting run over again. I asked him "Please can you be careful not to mow over this corner, I have flowers growing here." He smiled and said "Sure," but at the same moment was stepping on one of the plants. I had doubts how much care would really be taken, so I said "I'm going to put a little wall here just to make it easier" and I did.
The echinaceas I was protecting. Eventually I think the lilac (which looks fantastic, lots of buds) will shade them out, and I'll find something else to grow around the base of the shrub.
The sedum 'autumn joy' is more full and lush than last year. I think all the plants really appreciated the leaf mulch I put down.
Daylilies looking grand! Starting to think I could divide this and put some on the other side of the yard.
In front of them, surprised to see not only the alstroemeria, but also the asiatic lily growing back.
Hyssop in the corner is big enough to be noticed now. I'm hopeful it might even bloom this year.

No comments: