15 April 2020

garden work

Finished prepping the new beds. Redid the edges of this one on the left (it was crooked before)
Filled them with plain topsoil from the garden center, then compost after turning the pile.
view from the other side-
Most brightness and growth in the garden so far is the beds of leafy greens (and the perennial herbs)
But behind them the sugar snap peas are coming up -and today I planted ten more soaked peas, to fill in gaps where some didn't germinate the first time around.
There's more beets and swiss chard seedlings up, soon I will have to go through and thin them. Turnips have their first true leaves:
In the herb bed I switched these two, lavender and winter savory
Winter savory now in a middle spot
Lavender on the end where I will catch its scent every time I walk by and brush against the stems
that trail over
A sad thing. Found a dead frog in a large flowerpot on the deck.

No comments: