10 April 2020

young crowd

On cold mornings, or windy days, or during thunderstorms, all my seedlings are in the little greenhouse. It's quite full now!
Amaranth has done much better this year started early indoors.
Here's a photo of it on wicker chair.
Celosia very thick in their seedling tray
Last week I separated them out into pots-
and had to make some of folded paper too. I really prefer using brown paper, but all I had on hand was newsprint. It will do.
Young hyssop. Going to plant my new ones on edges of the garden. It's supposed to keep cabbage moths away. I'll find out. Haven't seen many of the white moths in the garden- but I've wiped their eggs off underside of collard greens already.
Tithonia still get sad and droopy if it's any bit below seventy-five in the greenhouse.
I pricked the summer savory plantlets out of their tray and moved them into pots. Two big pots, a half dozen plants each. Maybe too crowded, but it's about the closeness they've had in planter boxes the years before.
Here's the next lot to go out into the ground, once we quit having cold nights. They sit out on these little benches unless it gets below forty-five or threatens to downpour (then I tuck them in the greenhouse, or set under the deck table). Marigolds, leeks, sweet peas, chervil and dill.
Tomatoes in the coldframe. They come in every night still, and will for a while.

No comments: