18 August 2019

purple beans!

My purple-pod green beans made delicate little flowers
 and then I finally got some beans
but the foliage is worst-looking of all in the garden. I'm kind of not surprised that the green beans, mizuna, tatsoi and swiss chard fared worst of all when I was gone, they're in the newest plot which has the least amount of compost built up.
Still, it's lovely to see the pole bean foliage all up the deck railings. I really like the effect, and will repeat it. Just have to figure out how to keep the plants healthier- I though it was mostly mites harming my green beans- but found stink bugs when I started cutting off the worst-looking leaves. Since I've been dousing it with dishwater, newer leaves look better condition, so I'm cutting more of the old ones off.
Now I have a small harvest -
They go in the pan purple colored
and come out green

No comments: