01 June 2019

separation

I put Laddie in my QT bin- set up in basement window which gets bright indirect light (so the salvinia floaters I put in with him won't die)
He's doing fine. Looks dull in these photos because the bin sides are semi-opqaue, and it was backlit as well. I fed him flake about twenty minutes after moving him- he snapped at it eagerly, and now comes darting to the near side, wriggling his fins at me when I walk through the basement room- not much fazed at being in strange quarters.
Perry shows no improvement yet. Has the tank to himself for now- I'm not sure he noticed. I dosed with metro and prazi. Took apart a plastic folder and cleaned it, I'm going to fit the sheet against the existing wall to block sight- see if that helps any. It will be a temporary measure, I'll find a better wall if it turns out to be useful. I offered his favorite flake this morning, and he ate it but slowly. Now he's been just hanging at surface all day, not moving. If I glance over there, it's as if the tank is unoccupied  because I see no movement . . . I am hoping it's the medication distressing him now, and he'll look better when the treatment is done . . .

No comments: