25 May 2019

a few new tank plants

The other day I received plant package in the mail- Hydrocotyle leucocephala aka brazilian pennywort
which I put in my angelfish tank as a floater- right now still a mess-
and Mermaid weed- one I have wanted to try for a very long time- the foliage is pretty- but I'm not sure if it will continue to look so nice when adjusted to my tank, I don't run high lights or C02 like the seller did- species name is Proserpinaca palustris
the stems were a bit bent from the package, but very long so immediately I wanted their height in my angelfish tank. I anchored the longest stem to a small mesh bag of sintered glass media -
and a shorter one to a small piece of driftwood. Already the plant is taller than my tallest elodea- even though the top is still bent over
I really like the fringed, toothy edges of the leaves-
Put a smaller piece in my shrimp bowl too, and one in the window tank.
Also received a mesh square of fissidens moss, which I dropped into the shrimp tank, it needs to grow out some before I can try using any to tie onto rocks (unless I want to undo the ties and take it all apart). The shrimps were immediately all over the mesh, not interested in inspecting the mermaid weed at all!

No comments: