26 March 2019

small rearrangement

Some of the anubias were knocked loose by angelfish activities in past weeks, so I tied them down again.
Moved a few java fern around- put some on the left in front of the other filter sponge-
and found that some new leaves are sprouting off root hairs that attached themselves to the wood, and a few fiddleheads came up on the rhizomes. Maybe I have just been too impatient to see new growth on this.
I put the righthand sponge filter back in the corner- if the angels like to spawn on the anubias and guard their babies behind them, it will be easier to spot feed without the filter right there pulling stuff in. So moved the planters around a bit- I want to see wendtii better- its color is very nice now, although some leaves look puckered?
and tied two pieces of crypt undulata from the paradise fish tank on another small chunk of wood.
I usually would wait to do all this on a water change day, but wanted to fix the things before the angels decided to spawn again. None too soon- this morning I see their breeding tubes again, and they are starting to inspect leaves. Skye particularly is beginning to clean the anubias. I haven't even fed them up- deliberately just gave them regular flake and NLS pellets this week- no frozen foods- hoping if they weren't in top condition, wouldn't feel like breeding yet. In spite of my family's encouragement, I'm not ready for the work of helping them raise babies, yet. Maybe it will just keep the spawn small.

No comments: