28 March 2018

things noticed

because there is no gardening yet but I feel antsy about it, I pay more attention to the tanks... these leaves of my newer (although several months old now) aponogeton capuronii has very brown margins, and mottled spots if you look close
I wondered if it was just some individual variation, but the young leaves that came up last week, are bright green all the way through- can just see them here in center-
the Mother crypt wendtii bronze is getting quite lush- and there's a shrimp on one leaf
I'm glad I planted anubias nana 'petite' across the back- when the lower leaves die off ludwigia stems it's nice to see them back there. They do well in the extra shade under the heater. I've trimmed a few and replanted their tops, to fill out the row.
When leaf litter starts disintegrating I move the webbed leaf remains to the back of the tank, where they shade the small anubias a bit, and get picked over more by the shrimps.
moss shelf is growing out more! but I'm already thinking of redoing it with black plastic instead

No comments: