31 August 2014

fish report 3

Seems to be improving. I've got the temperature steady at 88° now. The fishes are eager to eat. I changed out 4 gallons yesterday, 2 and a half today- with replacement salt measured and stirred in. Going lighter with the gravel vac. Looked very close today but see no more ich spots. One female barb was flashing momentarily, another has a split tail fin. And the injured one puzzles me- I don't know what hurt her. I thought it was a nipped fin, but looked more carefully compared to the other fishes- she's got all her fins. Originally it looked like a bit of torn skin sticking out, and was red around the area. Now it's no longer inflamed, just a bump with maybe some fungus growth. I'm keeping up the small daily water changes for her sake, even after the ich appears to be gone. It's really hard to get a picture of the problem- on her left flank here, just above the anal fin.
Pinkie is doing better. No more spots on him, and he's swimming about once more.

No comments: