06 April 2014

doing fine

I've been keeping a close eye on my Otos since they moved into the home tank five days ago now. Already they have begun to clean algae off the tank glass, it's significantly clearer on one side. Otto seems to have settled in, he is always sitting calm on leaf or driftwood somewhere. Every time I look in the tank I see him in a different spot, but I rarely see him moving between resting places. His tummy is nice and fat, his scutes gleam with a nice bronze color near the eye.

Sparky on the other hand, is constantly moving. He's been looking a bit thin so I put a slice of zucchini in for him the other night. Weighed it down with a large pebble. He seems to really like zucchini! Even the following morning, during their twilight hours, he was all over that vegetable.
Thus I waited until afternoon to pull it out. I'm going to alternate bewteen zucchini and cucumber slices every other day (perhaps algae wafers on the alternate days, although still not sure if they ever really eat that) just to make sure he's well-fed.

No comments: