09 March 2014

goner?

I think the injured Danio died in the night. I can't find him anywhere. Not stuck to the intake tube. Five remaining fish swim around like normal. Snaily Snaily was suspiciously absent all morning- couldn't find him anywhere either. I highly suspect the snail was in a corner having a meal of recently deceased fish, but can't be certain... bummer. Maybe I should have pulled him out, but the QT/hospital tank wasn't ready yet- had it set up but needed to run and stabilize the temperature.

2 comments:

Snowball said...

I'm so sorry about your losses. Sometimes it can seem that the harder we try the worse it gets. In fact, I remember a time when I suspected my fish were drawing lots at night to decide who would be the next floater in the morning.

Working all the bugs out of a new set up can be really frustrating, but you are doing such a wonderful job. You are incredibly conscientious and I just know things will work out well in the end.

Jeane said...

The frustrating thing is not finding the floaters. I'd rather see a dead fish and know what happened to it (so I can try to solve the problem) than just have them vanish!