18 October 2013

shuffling ferns

I am delighted with my Boston Fern. Since the repotting and cutting back I gave it in may it has grown back stupendously. Looks absolutely wonderful now. I moved things around in the kitchen to be able to showcase it on this cupboard that usually turns into a clutter pile.
I've moved the fall Ferns with their bronze-edged leaves into the pedestal planters. These are supposed to retain their greenery all winter.

The rest of the Ferns are doing tolerably well. Most are still green and quite a few have new foliage.
They comprise a full third of the plant life on my balcony now. I've put several of the larger ones into bigger gallon pots as well.
These last two aren't doing so well, but if they're the only ones that die overwinter it will be no great loss.

No comments: